Mendeley is a reference manager with a difference, it allows you to discover and share material with colleagues and like minded researchers.
Described as the largest crowd sourced library in the world, Mendely can put you in touch with reseach you didn’t know existed and offers customised and peer recommendations for what to read next. You can view and select popular papers, or browse subject disciplines to select the topics of most interest to you. You can install the Mendeley web importer tool to enable you to import papers as you find them online.
This video quickly tells you what Mendeley is:
On a practical day-to-day basis, Mendeley will allow you to:
- drag and drop files into your Mendeley desktop
- import bibliographic data from web documents, everything from catalogue records to Wikipedia
- annotate and highlight your documents
- create custom citations and bibliographies in your MS Word and OpenOffice documents
- choose from a range of citation styles
- export your bibliography in a range of formats
You’ll find a useful getting started guide is automatically downloaded into your Mendeley Library.