The library now has access to the Mass Observation Archive online.
Mass Observation Archive Online is an online archive of British social history from 1937- 1972, with a focus on the World War Two period (1939-1945). The Mass Observation research project involved the scientific observation of public attitudes and opinions. Mass Observation online is an online archive of the original research documents created by the University of Sussex library. There is a large amount of help information available here.
- File reports on a range of subject areas (1937-1972)
- Day Surveys and Diaries recording every-day experiences and opinions of the general public (1937-1945)
- Directives recording opinions of the general public on pre-determined research topics (1939-1945)
- Books and Essays published by the Mass Observation project
- Other personal papers collected by the Mass Observation research project
Subjects who might find this useful
- Politics and International Relations
- Media Arts
To read about using the physical archive you can view this post by one of our librarians who used it in her MA.