Over the Christmas break we’ve been upgrading our Library Management System, and with it, LibrarySearch has had a little update too.
You’ll notice that some of the functions look a little different, so for this week we’ll be updating the blog with guides to some of the essentials.
How to Place a Hold Request
Hold requests allow you to reserve a copy of book that is on loan.
- Choose ‘Get it’.
- Under ‘Request Options’, choose ‘Request’.
- Complete the form – make a note of the Pickup location!.
- Choose ‘Request’.
When the book is returned and you are next in the queue, you will receive an email to let you know. The book will be held on the Holds Request shelf behind the helpdesk in the Library.
Library books can be one of 4 different loan statuses:
Normal Loan: 3 weeks for undergraduates, 6 weeks for postgraduates
One Week: 1 week
Three Day: 3 day
Short Loan: Between 11am – 4pm on the day of issue, or between 4pm on the day of issue – 11am the following day.
But if you need a book for longer, it couldn’t be easier to renew.
If you can’t renew your books check that:
- they haven’t been requested by someone else (you will have received an email to let you know)
- your fines haven’t come to more than £35 (check the Fines and Fees section on the left – you can pay online or come into the Library)
- they are not Short Loan items (these cannot be renewed! If you can’t return them by 11am or 4pm, photocopy a chapter instead)
Come into the Library, email email@example.com, or use the Ask A Librarian online chat with any questions.