The Library’s authentication system is being updated in December, and this will affect logins to resources with personal accounts, such as Box of Broadcasts.
The change is due to take place on 30th November, so from 1st December you will find that logging in will be simplified, but first that you will need to create a new account and merge your old account in order to retain access to programmes and playlists.
To do this, please see the guidance below:
- Once you log into Box of Broadcasts, you will be treated as a new user. Enter your RHUL email address to update your account details.
- You will be asked if you would like to merge accounts with your old Box of Broadcasts account.
- Choose ‘user account merging process’ to start merging your old account with your new.
- When you receive your Merge User Account email, follow the link provided.
- Confirm that you would like to merge your accounts.
- Once this is completed, you will be notified – you will now find that all of your old videos, playlists etc. are in the MyBoB areas of your newly-set up account.
NB. If you enter an email address different from the one you originally used to access BoB you will not be asked if you wish to merge accounts. You can do this from your MyBoB area, using the options on the right hand side.
If you no longer have access to the email address that you used to register with BoB originally, please let us know. We are investigating merging accounts in this case.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.