This licence covers the photocopying and scanning for education not for personal use.
The College has recently signed the new CLA Higher Education Licence which runs from the 1st August 2016 to 31st July 2019. It is essential that all staff and students are aware of the new licence with the important updates and comply with the licence.The licence covers photocopying and scanning for the provision of print copies and digital copies on Moodle used in teaching.
Up to the following may be copied under the Licence:
- One whole chapter from a book
- One whole article from a journal issue
- One short story, poem or play (not exceeding 10 pages in length) from an anthology
- One whole scene from a play
- One whole paper from a set of conference proceedings
- One whole report of a single case from a volume of judicial proceedings
Or 10% of any of the above, whichever is the greater (this is an increase from the previous licence which stated 5%)
- Where a digital publication is not organised in a similar way to conventional printed items, you are advised to exercise your best judgement to copy reasonable extracts.
You can make as many copies as are required to provide one for each student and tutor on the module.
Staff are reminded that all articles and chapters provided on Moodle must be digital copies as supplied by the Digital Copies Service in the Library. This ensures compliance with the licence which is monitored annually by the CLA via audit.
The Library’s webpages have been updated:
The CLA has provided a very useful page with the Licence in full at http://he.cla.co.uk/your-he-licence/your-he-licence/about-the-cla-higher-education-licence-2/cla-licence-documents/