Nexis is a comprehensive newspaper database, updated daily, providing full text access to all UK national newspapers, plus regional newspapers, international news providers and a number of trade journals and magazines. Most titles have a twenty year archive. UK newspaper titles include:
- Financial Times
- Daily Mail / Mail on Sunday
- Independent / Independent on Sunday
- Guardian / Observer
- Daily Telegraph / Sunday Telegraph
- Daily Mirror / Sunday Mirror
- London Evening Standard
- The Scotsman / Scotland on Sunday
In addition, 2300 international news providers are covered including The International Herald Tribune, The New Yorker, USA Today, India Today and the Japan Times and over 500 UK regional newspapers are also covered.
You can also find::
- Company Information
- Industry Information
- Country Information
To search these headings select them from the menu at the top of the page.
To Access Nexis:
Select Nexis from the Databases A-Z list or select the link from your subject guides where it appears.
From the first page, click to accept the Terms and Conditions to proceed to the database.
To see a list of all UK newspapers covered by Nexis:
- Select the Sources tab (at the top left of the screen)
- From the tabs beneath this select Browse Sources
- Change Filter by country to the country you are interested in (e.g. United Kingdom).
- Select the News folder under publication type
- Select the Newspapers folder.
- A list of titles will now appear, and you can search these individually or in groups.
To search for articles, first check that you have the Search and News tabs selected from the options in the top left of the screen.
Enter your keywords into the search box and select a time period. Using In the Headline orMajor Mentions options from the drop-down menu ensures that your hits will be more relevant. This is useful for when your search is likely to retrieve a great number of articles.
The list of results displayed gives only brief details. To view the full article, click on the highlighted title of the article.
As well as newspaper articles you can use Nexis to gather information about a company, industry, country and people.
How to find articles from a particular publication
- Open the News search form.
- Select a source from the Sources drop-down list. For example, Irish Publications.
- Select a date range in Specify date. For example, Previous year.
- Click on Search to retrieve your results.
Find out more about Nexis here: